The Austin Healey 3000 was the
last of the legendary series of sports cars known as "The Big Healeys".
The series started in 1953 as the 100-4, which used a 4 cylinder
2660 cc. engine that produced 90 bhp.
A 6 cylinder engine displacing
2639 cc. and 102 bhp. was introduced into the 100-6 in 1956
to satisfy increased competition.
The 3000 debuted in 1959 and featured a new 6 cylinder 2912
cc. engine rated at 124 bhp. The 3000 benefited from improved
handling and front disc brakes.
The partnership that resulted
in the name "Austin Healey" was comprised of Donald
Mitchell Healey who designed the cars and Austin, the manufacturer.
More prices and terms below